Expect a few changes at
Southland Medical Centre in response to the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
These changes will help us protect the community and the more vulnerable patients who attend our surgery. Your cooperation in this will help reduce the amount of exposure for all patients.
By implementing the following, we aim to continue providing our community with friendly, patient focused healthcare, in line with our motto: better health together.
- If you have developed flu like symptoms since booking your appointment, you must notify us as soon as possible.
Changes in our reception and check in
- To allow social distancing, patients can remain in their cars and call reception to check in. We will notify you when your appointment is ready.
- We ask patients to wash their hands on entry, before approaching reception or entering the consulting rooms. All bathrooms have handwash/soap
- all door handles, EFTPOS terminals, phones, reception desk, and common areas will be wiped with sanitisers throughout the day
- kids toys have been temporarily removed from the waiting room. Books and magazines will also be removed.
- Seating arrangements in the practice may change to allow social distancing from others. We’re still here for a chat!
- Reception staff will routinely ask COVID-19 screening questions, as required under Government guidance.
We are working towards providing tele-health consultations. These consultations will attract a full privately billed fee, depending on the consultation and Medicare eligibility. We will make an announcement on our website and Facebook page when this becomes available.
Our procedures are constantly changing in step with the evolving situation, and we aim to keep you up to date of these changes.
Please check our website southlandmedical.com.au for the latest changes, or you can call our reception on 9584 9504.
If you have cold and flu symptoms, and have recently travelled overseas or believe you may be at risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) DO NOT come into the practice.
Please call us instead on 03 9584 9504. We will advise what actions will need to be taken.